Help keep this site alive with your VIP membership and unlock exciting site features available only to our supporting members!
VIP
$14.95
Buy Now!
MVP
$24.95
Buy Now!
Superstar
$34.95
Buy Now!
UPGRADE to get lifetime access to dig420's video section, the Meet Up! forums, AD FREE surfing and much, much more!

Roger Clemens

• Thread starterpimpology101
  • Start date
If multimillionaire QB Mike VIck is serving time in fed prison for fighting dogs, don't kid yourself about the possibility of either Barry Bonds and/or Clemens doing time in a minimum security facility for a few months/year. When the feds give you every opportunity to come clean and you purposefully lie, it's your ass for being stupid.
THe really dumb thing is, most Clemens' fans would have given him a pass for using HGH and steroids if he used the Andy Petitte excuse; he was attempting to recover faster so he could return to pitching (B.S.), instead of secretly gaining a competitive advantage. The sport is dirty and has been so for nearly 20 years.
Clemens is one of many. I'm not a huge fan of the Rocket, but my money says he's going down, hard.

There's a few new reports that Andy Pettite backed up some of McNamee's testimony and asked McNamee "Why don't you give me the stuff you give Roger?"

It's not about taking HGH anymore... it's about telling the truth. We'll see how Clemens does tomorrow.

these hearings are total BS they already gave there depositions under oath..and this is not a trial. they would have to be tried first to be convicted of purgury ...and with clemmons dream team...assuming he is the liar...they wont let him slip up tomorrow. just cause pettite may back up macanee doesnt prove anything.
this is total bs ...lets put our energies into education against the use of this shit for our youth...thats where professional athletes and hollywood could do some good ..if they really cared. Clemmens meeting with the committe members in advance is just sickening.
Clemens ego is WAY WAY too big for him to admit his use...HE cares about public perception, and especially the Hall of Fame, despite his tirade during his own press conference in houston a week or 2 ago. Also, he does stand to lose millions and millions in future earnings over this (although I'm sure he can live many many lives on what he has made ...hell last year alone ..well last year will pay for his dream team.
Vick either is a total dumbass or got very bad leagal advice...had he just come clean at the start..he would have had a slap on the wrist...community service, fines, but def no jail time...I wonder if he is on the inside organizing the next Mean Machine (Longest Yard)

so the big capital hill clemens which hunt is over today, here is what i learned.

the committe (most of them anyway) were biased in favor of macnamee going in..and that showed. Regardless...there is no way that they could ever convict clemens in a trail of purgury without any reasonable doubt..not with mcnamee as prime witness.
Clemens and his dream team prepared him way better , and of course he is uesed to speaking publicly. Mcnamee seemed not prepared, and is poor speaker, and didnt give good concise answers to basic questions that he had to know he was going to get in advance today. its good to be a super rich celebrity.

big friggin waste of time and money ...regardless of clemens which i dont believe and most prob dont, it was totally bogus to have just him there...Pettite and knoblach needed to be there for this, but just going after clemens was rediculous.

i pray this blows over and we can get to playing ball...and hopefully educating the youth agaisnt this shit.

I watched the hearings today, and it was apparent to me that BOTH of these gentlemen have commited the act of purgery. I think the committee handled Clemens with kid gloves out of awe and respect for his celebrity status. Don't forget, Pooch... CLEMENS ASKED for this public hearing, to get his views on the record.

The committe won't have to do anything further.. the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had six people at the hearings, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had one person there, and those are the people that will make any decisions as to further investigation or criminal charges.

The charge is NOT whether or not Clemens used steroids or HGH--it's the simple matter of whether or not Clemens or the trainer LIED to Congress under oath. It''s apparent to most people (87% of ESPN respondents said they believe he lied) that he committed purgery, both to the Mitchell Report investigators, and to Congress today.

It will be interesting to see how the FBI and IRS handle him, in view of the indictment and upcoming trial of Barry Bonds for the same allegations.

What "professional" sports?

These guys, 90% of them, are a living advertisement for high grade pharmaceuticals.

Sports?
It's 100% crank bullshit; a pop culture sporting fantasy built on drugs.

Yeah. Payback's a bitch, Rog.

You should have considered the possible bleak career-ruining outcomes when you were munching steroids like they were Altoids, you white punk.

There are 2 real men in this whole HGH Issue Jason Giambi, who came forward and admitted the truth and Andy Pettite who also came forward with the truth.

Roger Clemens took HGH, So Did Bonds and probably %50-70 of base ball players, Mcnamee has nothing to gain and Clemens looked like a baffoon on some of the most simple questions.

Gee Clemens could barely throw a 90MPH fast ball this year? Oops off the juice

Bonds home run numbers dropped drastically and was hurt alot...off the juice

Its so obvious......

Pettite and Knoblauch have my respect... they fessed up. Clemens, man, only a fool would believe all McNamee put in his ass was B12. And I can't respect all these Republicans Roger Clemens has been lobbying that past few days... damn, at least Barry Bonds has more self respect when bull shitting the public... and they'll probably put the brother in jail.

Roger Clemens denials rank right up there with Marion Jones... she denied, denied, denied herself right into jail, then she finally admitted she was a liar trying to reduce her sentence.

At least some of the Democrats pushed Clemens today... the Republicans really let him off the hook. I hear Clemens is a buddy of the Bush family. Barry Bonds isn't. There's more direct evidence against Clemens in my opinion, yet this white buddy of the right wing gets a bigger benefit of the doubt. That doesn't mean Barry wasn't on the juice... but no one is villifying those that accuse Bonds like they villify McNamee.

No one seems to want to admit an athlete they admire could have taken performance enhancing drugs... I really believe if Micheal Jordan or Wayne Gretzky or Tiger Woods stared into a camera an said "I took a magic drug that helped my performance" half of their fans still wouldn't believe them and make up some kind of excuse in their mind. Many sports fans are delusional.

Listening to the radio this evening, its obvious that most people believe that Clemens is lying. Whether perjury can be proved or not, well, who knows.

I remember reading an article a few years ago in one of the major sports mags by a non sports writer who spent time with Clemens. Bottom line was that he thought Roger Clemens was the most self centered man he ever met. I always thought of that article whenever Roger's name came up in the news.

Norm

i certainly admire clemens even when he was on the sox. as for him asking for this hearing...so frigging what...it was a total waste of time and taxpayers money. it made me sick to see him politicing days before. ....clemens was caught trying to cover his trail of lies..macnamee didnt lie under oath yesterday..the one congr-ass-man that went off on him showed he had changed his story, and called him a liar and drug dealer, but none of his story changes were purgury. and that is all very typical of criminal witnessess.

you cant compare this to Bonds. Bonds was caught in the BALCO case/investigation which is a serious deal. Balco is a manufacturer of illegal drugs...drugs supplied to many professional athletes of which Bonds is the most famous and infamous and he may or may not have lied (appears he obviously did and i beleive he did but proving it..well i doubt he is going to see a jail either).

Pettite has been my favorite pitcher in baseball since he first joined the Yankees..but lets not call him a Saint either. he also changed his story from the original admission of "i only took hgh 2 times" to however many times he has now admitted it was. Chuck Knoblach appears to be the real truth teller here. Giambi admitted it without saying it, but we all know what he was referring too...clemens should have learned from his teamate. had he come clean i bet he would have been forgiven and even make the hall of fame. now he has just ruined his rep, made a fool of himself, and wont be seeing the HOF anytime soon unless he buys a ticket. amazing the generations greatest pitcher, all-time home run hitter, and the all time hit king not gonna be in Baseball HOF.
they just need to add the Hall of Shame wing and put them all in there.
Clemens has a new sports bar opening soon in Houston..should be interesting to see how that goes.

Now the committee chairman has agreed with me publicly that this was a mistake, and fiasco.

Lets not forget that the whole steroid thing ..which brought out Balco and subsequently the Mitchell investigation was initiated by the President in his very first State of the Union address when he mentioned steroids as a epedemic in society. So as disgusting as much of this is, at least he deserves some credit for bringing it out into the open.

Well I think Clemens is gonna take a big ride down the road of destruction. He has no one but himself to blam if he would of just told the truth at the begining I don't think it would of been so pleak as what is in store for him. What a shame another one of the best gonna be made the worst.

Nixon, Martha Stewart, hey, its always the cover up that brings you down.

stick a fork in him...he's done, if not in legal terms, then in terms of his "legacy"...he is runner up to michael vick in the "dumbest athlete of the last 20 years" contest

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread