Will Obama Make History Again

• Thread starterElizabeth T
  • Start date

Elizabeth T

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
May 3, 2006
Once the smoke clears with the scandal of the Govenor in Illinois, will Obama be implicated? I think so and curious to see if he will make history again as the quickest president impeached or arrested for his involvement in this scandal. All his big backers names from Illinois is now being named. Hmmm - I wonder!!!! Can't wait to see the next chapter of this continuing saga......

You have to admit, the whole saga is a nice little fix for the political junkies who were going into withdrawal after the elections.

Of course he is involved ! We all know he wanted to pick his own replacement . However , anything he might have said or done will be covered up . The left wing media will protect Obama . ----- Change my Ass ! !

Obama played the Chicago Politics game. You don't crawl through the sewer without getting shit on you.

bullshit

sounds like a whole lot of bullshit give the man a chance and i dont think he was involved in this mess,and people just need to get over it mccain lost and the country spoke up on november 4!

I think it's absurd to think Obama would be in on taking bribes with the Gov. of Illinois to sell a senate seat or that he would offer him money for his selection.

It's kind of funny to hear anyone mention impeachment. I wonder if these are the same people that wanted us to stand behind Bush, right or wrong, because he was our president during a crisis and now can't even wait until Obama gets in office to pounce on him.

Kind of sad , really.

Its not about pouncing on the guy. Watch when he is interviewed, he tries to avoid all questions about it. It is not about being with Bush but it is about Ethics. Some people will do anything to gain positions of high power. Always remember that if you are going to play with the big dirty boys, make sure you can handle it when you are covered in dirt. The people of this country have no more hero's. People forget about why they are running for office and are only concerned for their personal gains. The people continually have to suffer for someone elses inadequecies. Greed the biggest killer of this great nation. I hope he is not involved, but I find it hard to believe that he isn't. Coming from a state (Louisiana) that is known for corrupt politics, everyone will watch the dominos fall, and Obama will be one of them.

I am not a fan of Obama but I hope he's in the clear. And if he is dirty it would'nt surprize me at all

Elizabeth T said:
Its not about pouncing on the guy. Watch when he is interviewed, he tries to avoid all questions about it. It is not about being with Bush but it is about Ethics. Some people will do anything to gain positions of high power. Always remember that if you are going to play with the big dirty boys, make sure you can handle it when you are covered in dirt. The people of this country have no more hero's. People forget about why they are running for office and are only concerned for their personal gains. The people continually have to suffer for someone elses inadequecies. Greed the biggest killer of this great nation. I hope he is not involved, but I find it hard to believe that he isn't. Coming from a state (Louisiana) that is known for corrupt politics, everyone will watch the dominos fall, and Obama will be one of them.

And what personal gain could he get from being involved?
Losing the presidency, risking scandal?
Losing the ability to make hundreds of millions post presidency like Clinton has?

Give me a break already.

I was a big Palin supporter because she was the only one of the four who stood up and did something about corruption. But I have to say Obama is looking pretty good right now. The Chicago Governor is heard on tape calling Obama a m'fer because he won't play ball. Good for Obama. I'm proud of him in this instance.

Elizabeth T said:

Perhaps you'd like to put you $ where your mouth is.

if he's involved ...I'll post a pic holding a sign saying "Elizabeth T is a always RIGHT" ...when it's proven that hes not involved then you post a pic of you wearing a "obama" t-shirt.

Deal?

No Way

Honest politicians from Chicago are about as real as unicorns. However, Obama isn't stupid. There's no way he would risk any involvement in this senate seat auction.

If he isn't involved I will be glad. But they keep implicating more and more people within high positions of power for the State of Illinois. People said the same thing about ex-Govenor Edwin Edwards & US Senator Williams Jefferson. Edwards is in Prison and Williams is about to be there also. They had great power, but greed got the best of them. If Obama is not involved some kind of way, it will truly be a miracle.

WisconsinBBC said:
Perhaps you'd like to put you $ where your mouth is.

if he's involved ...I'll post a pic holding a sign saying "Elizabeth T is a always RIGHT" ...when it's proven that hes not involved then you post a pic of you wearing a "obama" t-shirt.

Deal?

My big concern is that while he was working his way up in Chicago he did something else and that Governor knows about.

totalelevation1714 said:
sounds like a whole lot of bullshit give the man a chance and i dont think he was involved in this mess,and people just need to get over it mccain lost and the country spoke up on november 4!

This has nothing to do with Mccain. The scandal is real and the corruption is real. Chicago is well known for its dirty politics. I personally doubt he had anything to do with this scandal however I would not be surprised if he did something wrong while he was working his way up. If he did and the Governor knows about it then I am sure the Governor will try to cut himself a deal and turn in Obama.

Elizabeth, are you going to take up the challenge to wear the Obama T-shirt ?

I will find an Obama Shirt and wear it and take a pic with the shirt on me. I don't think that I will get the chance to put it on though. As my husband said "There is no loyalty between crooks these days, everyone rats one another out". He was a cop for over 18 years. Think about it, Obama came out of nowhere and slammed dunk every top dog that the Democratic party had to offer for President. At what price did he climb up so fast. Plus he has been involved in Politics in Illinois for a great deal of time. Chicago as in areas of Louisiana is known for corrupt politicians. If he is not implicated. I will proudly wear an Obama t-shirt.....

Elizabeth, your Obama T-shirt reply tells me that you are a woman of quality and fairness.

Thank you Josetta. I am hoping I am wrong. I have been totally impressed by the cabinet choices he has made. I will wear a shirt and in fact I have a friend who I called who has one with his picture on it also. I will wear it if he is cleared or not implicated. I do live to my word, as my dad said that is all a man has these days and no one live up to it. I do.....

No offense but somehow i doubt that anyone pushing for the furtherance of this bizarre investigation will be happy with Obama being proved innocent. In the end the media has become too corporate and monstrous! I do not know how our species will ever survive the blast of the ratings driven mushroom cloud! and it will only get worse it seems.

Elizabeth T said:
If he isn't involved I will be glad. But they keep implicating more and more people within high positions of power for the State of Illinois. People said the same thing about ex-Govenor Edwin Edwards & US Senator Williams Jefferson. Edwards is in Prison and Williams is about to be there also. They had great power, but greed got the best of them. If Obama is not involved some kind of way, it will truly be a miracle.