• Thread startersexycouple2011
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexycouple2011

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Sep 29, 2008
McCain's campaign was a disaster in every conceivable way but perhaps more important now is the fact that the Republican party as a "brand" have no leader, no identity, no message that resonates with middle America.

In the next few weeks it's going to be a blood-bath as the finger-pointing kicks into high gear.

The party is going to need a new leader who can connect with moderate independents. The days of appealing only to the base and the lunatic fringe are over. Thankfully, I think this election was a referendum on the end of dispicable Karl Rovian tactics.

I'm curious who you guys think may emerge as the new head of the Republican party.

My opinion is that this is going to be a long, painful process and that the new face(s) of the party are probably people who we don't really know much about at this point. The Republican party is going to have to die and be re-born again, and that certainly isn't something that is going to happen overnight or with familiar faces who are associated with the old, unsuccessful ways.

If you think so just let OBAMA step wrong one time. It won't matter if it was a chimp running against him he will be out in a heartbeat.

Some voted for him to witness history, other cause he was black, more because they just didn't agree with BUSH (not republican party), and Last were the weak minds that allowed themselves to fall under his spell of a repeated hypnotic slogan of "CHANGE".

Change(verb) to make different... can be worst or better the next 18 months will tell for sure

I love it when "former" McCain supporters try to tell me why I voted for Obama. Or when they threaten him with their "oh we'll get you Barack" talk. What a joke. Panic has set in...Hannity and Limbaugh are already blaming their own and eating their children. I for one absolutely hope that Sarah "I have great tits but I'm dumb as a rock" Palin picks up the banner for her party in 2012. It's a certain second term for President Obama!

LoveMILFS said:
I love it when "former" McCain supporters try to tell me why I voted for Obama. Or when they threaten him with their "oh we'll get you Barack" talk. What a joke. Panic has set in...Hannity and Limbaugh are already blaming their own and eating their children. I for one absolutely hope that Sarah "I have great tits but I'm dumb as a rock" Palin picks up the banner for her party in 2012. It's a certain second term for President Obama!

See how closed your mind is I am not a McCain supporter nor did I say I was. Against the reason people picked a president. 2012 isn't here yet I can guarantee he steps wrong just once they will be no forgiveness. We would a election a CHIMP the first primate PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES ..

You think BUSH had haters you wait see to how a black man as president will do a if crosses the wrong individual. Last I check the president can't stop Corporations from closing their doors and moving oversee. Hell Clinton had to amend some of his policies to keep Corporate America from leaving. ..

Jan 20th begins destiny

partyin2005 said:
If you think so just let OBAMA step wrong one time. It won't matter if it was a chimp running against him he will be out in a heartbeat.

Some voted for him to witness history, other cause he was black, more because they just didn't agree with BUSH (not republican party), and Last were the weak minds that allowed themselves to fall under his spell of a repeated hypnotic slogan of "CHANGE".

Change(verb) to make different... can be worst or better the next 18 months will tell for sure

LOL

1st of all, what does your response have to do with my post? I was talking about the Republican party and its future, NOT Obama. I guess the pain runs too deep for you to be able to talk about anything else, eh?

2nd, you are completely out of touch with reality on your so-called "reasons" why the vast majority of people voted for Obama. Obama was a creation of the times...a representative of the masses, a populist President in a country whose political landscape is changing along with its color. He more accurately represents the country as a whole than any President I can recall as he is the living embodiment of cultural integration and a walking melting pot.

Certainly, the economy played a role in helping him against McCain, but that is primarily because the McCain campaign failed so spectacularly to connect with Americans during this time of economic crisis. Part of that is not McCain's fault since the Republican platform is not compatible with economic downturns as they simply have no talking points they can turn to within the Republican ideology which can help calm people's fears. But, part of that has to be blamed on McCain for allowing Steve Schmidt to take his campaign away from the middle by picking Palin. The minute McCain abandoned the center he lost this race.

Obama inspired people at a time when they desperately need a leader who tells them we can fix this mess. W spent the last 8 years telling people all they needed to do was continue to shop. Obama has the ability to ask more of us and we are all too eager for a leader to do so. Americans are an incredible people capable of anything...but like any country we need a focused leadership who can point the majority in the same direction in order to accomplish big things. After 8 years of accomplishing nothing other than bankrupting the nation on ill-advised wars and bad domestic/economic policy, this election was inevitable.

For you to claim anything else is to simply ignore reality.

Now, is there any chance you'd like to address my original post? Instead of ignoring the bleak future for the Republican party and concentrating on Obama, why don't you chime in on how you think the Republicans can fix things in their party.

Getting back to your thread intent - I think the Republicans will have seek out fresh blood. And I don' tthink Sarah Palin is that blood either. Pandering to the evengelicals will no longer work. They have to abandon their homogenity and seek more diversity amongst their ranks. They lost the hispanic vote, the youth vote, the female vote the black vote(they never had ).The white middle class republican male is a shriinking demographic. I'm not aware of anyone in their party that meets the criteria but the party has to change, relearn what Reagan did and encompass and embrace the Real America, not the Real America they wish for.

History always repeats itself.

It wasn't that many years ago people were saying the same things about the Democrats. How they had lost their way...how they could never regain power.

These things are cyclical. I have no doubt that within the next 6 to 8 years that the pendulum will swing the other way again and we'll be reading the obituary for the Democratic Party. After a while it'll turn back the other way.

It always happens. And the people who are in power when it does are always the last ones to see it happen.

Hey dicksmoke2005. your mother took a shit for a son. chimp for president? well, how about a glorified rat ruling with a king cobra for it's vp? that's what we've had for the past 7 years! Lord knows there will be parties galore when they hit the road to the hell that awaits them.

partyin2005 said:
See how closed your mind is I am not a McCain supporter nor did I say I was. Against the reason people picked a president. 2012 isn't here yet I can guarantee he steps wrong just once they will be no forgiveness. We would a election a CHIMP the first primate PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES ..

You think BUSH had haters you wait see to how a black man as president will do a if crosses the wrong individual. Last I check the president can't stop Corporations from closing their doors and moving oversee. Hell Clinton had to amend some of his policies to keep Corporate America from leaving. ..

Jan 20th begins destiny

Jennifer From Philly said:
It wasn't that many years ago people were saying the same things about the Democrats. How they had lost their way...how they could never regain power.

These things are cyclical. I have no doubt that within the next 6 to 8 years that the pendulum will swing the other way again and we'll be reading the obituary for the Democratic Party. After a while it'll turn back the other way.

It always happens. And the people who are in power when it does are always the last ones to see it happen.

Very true. The party in power always gets arrogant. Anyone remember the Republicans and their "Contract with America"?

It ended up closer than I thought it would be. I thought McCain did rather well for the baggage he had, being Bush and Palin. Obama's 52% is no mandate. I believe if McCain had picked a moderate VP, like a Lieberman, he would have won. Palin scared away more moderates than conservatives she picked up. The conservatives would have voted McCain anyway. Many of those major electoral states were won by thin margins and a moderate VP could very well have made the difference.

Whoever assumes the role of leader of the Republicans, well, I just hope he gets them off of that abortion stand of theirs. I believe that, more than anything stops the party from being inclusive to women and the younger generation. Both of which they will need in the future if they are to get back enough power to cause gridlock. Personally I like a gridlocked government without veto power. Less damage done that way. Also good for the stock market.

Norm

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is changing my friends. The ONLY WAY the republicans will win is if they change along while maintaining their core concepts. The Billion Dollar Question is hooooooooowwww to go about doing that honestly and without all the flash! How to not come off as though we're still living in 1954! I wish i could openly say what i thought of the crowds gathering around Palin and Mccain but it would only bring insults here. How would someone like me, hardworking, educated, and black feel comfortable allying myself with people that incite some hateful words at Obama? Even on this site i've been reading words like "chimp" and "gorilla" aimed at black democrats in the lime light. do you really think that i can ignore these statements and align myself with people that think this way? It's one thing to have a sense of humor and another thing completely to not so secretively show crowds representing the conservative republicans that, not only can we not relate to, but we would feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable around!!
The concept of low taxes, small government, individual freedom, and strong defense isn't a bad one. But since we live in a time of both principles and their surface appeal... they have to change BOTH and give everyone a reason to join and feel at home. Even if i agreed completely with their principles i would not feel comfortable based on what i had seen this election. now i await insults for answers....

be wary...

The Republicans only won 6 states in the election of 1964...and managed to win the Presidency in 1968.

Despite the Watergate scandal and Nixon's pardoning in 1975, the Republicans were back in the White House by one of the largest margins in history in 1980, with Reagan.

Clinton took the presidency in 1992, and by 1994, the "contract with America" had both houses of Congress firmly in the Republican camp, along with a majority of the state governerships.

I'm not a GOP supporter, but keep all that in mind before you start dancing on the grave of the Republican Party.

I don't think that the Republican party is dead and never said so. I said they are going to have to change. One of the reasons losing parties recover IS because they make adjustments over time. Granted, not the only reason they return as the more rational in here have pointed out but still one of the reasons. A Reagan type of recovery is what the Republicans will have to do over time, pulling in a wider demographic than they have been appealing to in the last 8 years.
I believe that if they withdraw into a party of the fundamental christian, Sarah Palin ilk, that it will not work. Sarah Palin may not have impressed enough to have them vote against her but she still had a 60% disapproval rating.

My prediction is the Republican party will change. It will become even more conservative than the "newt" 1990's.

Some of the current Senators and Congressmen just defeated were among the moderates, leaving behind the more conservative ones to move up the ladder.

The Republican Party cannot survive without the support of the religious right! Take that voting block and money away and the party will be never win another national election again.

The outlawing of gay marriage in California will only serve to embolden conservatives in that if we can win in California we can do it anywhere.

Ted Stevens if he holds on to his seat will be removed and Sara Palin, will wind up as a sitting Senator from Alaska from which to make her more experienced and set her on her way for 2012 (wink, wink):).

The conservatives will argue if they ran McCain who they view as the most liberal of their lot against the Dems and he lost, we need to go more conservative. They will hold up their "false" messiah Ronald Reagan and their way will be cast.

Mid term elections historically, I think with the exception of two in US History has always lead to the party not in power picking up seats which will also embolded the Repubs to go conservative.

Lastly, the key to the Presidential elections in 2012 will be the economy.

The question will be has the Bush Administration so damaged and messed things up that there won't be any major turn around or things getting better experienced by the middle class by say 2011?

Also, a wild card in the Democratic side that could divide the Dems is, if not noticeable turn-around by 2011 will Hillary run again which could divide things up there?

The Dems this year had a extremely long and drawn out primary and election process.

With a Dem as the incumbent running for reelection this could put an extra requirement on Obama to turn things around prior to 2011, say 2010.

And as always if a major or even minor terrorist attack occurs while Obama is in office he will be billed as being responsible because Bush kept us safe for 7 years. (ommitting the fact that Osama planned 9/11 for 7 years before he attacked and it is only a matter of time regardless of who is in office in a "so called" free and open society for such an attack to occur).

I honestly had no problem with Obama's race. It's his politics that I disagree with. I am definitely fiscally conservative. I'm like many voters. I didn't vote for McCain, I voted against Obama. We've not had what I would consider a good candidate on either side for the last several elections.

What Obama has promised are exactly that, promises. Now that he's in we'll see how many he keeps. Many politicians find out once they're actually in charge that what they wanted isn't possible without dooming yourself somewhere else.

The most important point to remember is that no matter who we voted for, Obama is now the MAN. Like him or not, he's going to be the boss for at least the next 4 years. No man can know it all so how he does depends a lot on the advisors he brings along. In my opinion that was the downfall of Jimmy Carter. I thought he was a brilliant man that brought along some idiots to advise him. The combination was not favorable.

Only time will tell.

laura-lme said:
I honestly had no problem with Obama's race. It's his politics that I disagree with. I am definitely fiscally conservative. I'm like many voters. I didn't vote for McCain, I voted against Obama. We've not had what I would consider a good candidate on either side for the last several elections.

What Obama has promised are exactly that, promises. Now that he's in we'll see how many he keeps. Many politicians find out once they're actually in charge that what they wanted isn't possible without dooming yourself somewhere else.

The most important point to remember is that no matter who we voted for, Obama is now the MAN. Like him or not, he's going to be the boss for at least the next 4 years. No man can know it all so how he does depends a lot on the advisors he brings along. In my opinion that was the downfall of Jimmy Carter. I thought he was a brilliant man that brought along some idiots to advise him. The combination was not favorable.

Only time will tell.

I respect your post but disagree with your assessment of Jimmy Carter. His downfall was beyond his control and the same would have happened to any sitting President of any party.

The not foreseen and planned for, by any administration joint oil embargo along with the overthrowing of the Shaw of Iran setting in place the hostage situation brought his downfall.

The US government under prior administration never thought a successful oil embargo would happen and its effects were dramatic.

Also, the release of the hostages was played out by the Iranians to coincide with the US Election. The hostages were released as a pr stunt by the Iranians by agreement to the next President.

The much played up failure of a rescue mission for the hostages failing and being blamed on Carter was bogus. Although failures occur in anything, when they are military failures you will never hear the military admit it. Only the wins, but never the loses.

The Shaw of Iran who was put there by an American CIA financed and guided coup fell apart as the people fled to Religion as there escape.

Much money and time has been spent on downgrading and blaming Carter by the conservative movement just as much has been spent to make their answer to compete with Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy's legacy, i.e. Ronald Reagan.

RoSquirts said:
Sarah Palin may not have impressed enough to have them vote against her but she still had a 60% disapproval rating.

Just wondering where you got that figure. I haven't seen it anywhere but here.

But it doesn't matter. You would hate her no matter what. If she were a Harvard educated Einstein with a double degree in Economics who had single handedly saved her state from the Red Army you'd hate her... just because she was Republican. Take the same woman and run her as a Democrat... and she'd be the darling of the party. Hollywood stars would shit themselves just to be near her, and anyone who said anything remotely like the libelous crap we heard over the last few months would be a sexist and probably the subject of investigations. Lipstick on a pig? OMG I cringe to think what would have happened had someone said that about Hillary! But Republicans, who were trying to be entirely too civil, let it slide.

Anyway, I predict that, for better or worse, Sarah Palin will be one of the Republican Party's new rising stars.

With all the controversy that shadowed Obama in this election, I hope he didn't sell his soul to get where he is at today. The wrong people may come to collect and again the American People are the ones who will in all likely hood get hurt. He made a lot of campaign promises that he will not be able to keep. I was in line at a grocery store yesterday after the election and 2 black women were talking and all they were worried about is how much more help Obama will give them and their children. They never discussed the topic of following the dream and finding a job and getting to the top of that position, just wanted more help. I think the Republicans will come back stronger and with a vengenace to take back America and get them on the right track. People blame Bush, but he inherited a lot of Clintons problems, like having everyone get a home. If you are on Welfare, you cannot afford a $150,000 home. It will be taken back by the banks. False hopes from Clinton I pray that Obama doesn't do the same with everyone this time. I hope this country prospers and the people make their dreams come true. It is a great land of opportunity, but you have to make it happen no one gives you anything. GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

laura-lme said:

Only time will tell.

Oh boy did you screw up! Disagreeing with Obama's politics does not make you a fiscal conservative, it makes you a RACIST. Pure and simple. Understand that right now, because you've expressed an opinion, and having an opinion contrary to the party line is not allowed. Expect the attacks to begin shortly.

As for Jimmy Carter, my opinion is that he was a mostly ineffective president that history will soon forget ever existed... that is, as long as he keeps his mouth shut. Recently he's sounding more like an Anti-Semite, and some of the remarks he made while abroad sound treasonous to me. I have little use for anyone that gives aid and comfort to our enemies.

Elizabeth T said:
With all the controversy that shadowed Obama in this election, I hope he didn't sell his soul to get where he is at today.

Does this answer your question?=p

evilnigger.jpg

There's a young girl where I work that's scared to death of him... she thinks he's the Anti-Christ.

missouri_hubby said:
Just wondering where you got that figure. I haven't seen it anywhere but here.

But it doesn't matter. You would hate her no matter what. If she were a Harvard educated Einstein with a double degree in Economics who had single handedly saved her state from the Red Army you'd hate her... just because she was Republican. Take the same woman and run her as a Democrat... and she'd be the darling of the party. Hollywood stars would shit themselves just to be near her, and anyone who said anything remotely like the libelous crap we heard over the last few months would be a sexist and probably the subject of investigations. Lipstick on a pig? OMG I cringe to think what would have happened had someone said that about Hillary! But Republicans, who were trying to be entirely too civil, let it slide.

Anyway, I predict that, for better or worse, Sarah Palin will be one of the Republican Party's new rising stars.

You seem to have a fixation with "crap" and "shit" in your writings? By the way how was that sandwich you ate? lol

Oh yeah, those riots you talked about if Obama won or lost I see they made all the news networks! I bet you got a good story how the riots happened and the "evil liberal" media covered them up as well.

You are truly a pathetic loser!

missouri_hubby said:
Does this answer your question?=p

evilnigger.jpg

There's a young girl where I work that's scared to death of him... she thinks he's the Anti-Christ.
I was on the verge of deleting this pic as I'm no Obama fan nor was I a McCain fan but this kind of bs people put out is just fucked up in my book.

handigrl said:
I respect your post but disagree with your assessment of Jimmy Carter. His downfall was beyond his control and the same would have happened to any sitting President of any party.

The not foreseen and planned for, by any administration joint oil embargo along with the overthrowing of the Shaw of Iran setting in place the hostage situation brought his downfall.

The US government under prior administration never thought a successful oil embargo would happen and its effects were dramatic.

Also, the release of the hostages was played out by the Iranians to coincide with the US Election. The hostages were released as a pr stunt by the Iranians by agreement to the next President.

The much played up failure of a rescue mission for the hostages failing and being blamed on Carter was bogus. Although failures occur in anything, when they are military failures you will never hear the military admit it. Only the wins, but never the loses.

The Shaw of Iran who was put there by an American CIA financed and guided coup fell apart as the people fled to Religion as there escape.

Much money and time has been spent on downgrading and blaming Carter by the conservative movement just as much has been spent to make their answer to compete with Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy's legacy, i.e. Ronald Reagan.

OMG, it was YOU on the grassy knoll wasn't it?

laura-lme said:
OMG, it was YOU on the grassy knoll wasn't it?

No it was your mother!

So many ignorant fools on the internet.:)

muleman said:
I was on the verge of deleting this pic as I'm no Obama fan nor was I a McCain fan but this kind of bs people put out is just fucked up in my book.

Why so serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.