Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize...Huh??

• Thread startergears
  • Start date
Josetta said:
Uniting world leaders is critical to smashing the world recession that started in America. There are several countries that are already out of recession, but still quite fragile to slip back in, if all countries don't work closely together.

China and America are the only two countries that can't afford to stop their environmental pollution. Unless they do, the world will warmup two degrees celsius and the ice cap will melt and flood the world.

Now America is exploding bombs on the moon to see if there is any water up there - more environmental pollution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we are not even living up there yet.

If Neil Armstrong actually did get on the moon, he could have dug a hole and looked for water instead of exploding bombs 40 years later.

It is easy to see why many think Neil Armstrong filmed the moon landing in the desert, then flew up into the sky on the day he was meant to come down.

WHY DID NEIL NOT DIG A HOLE ???????????? He sneaked a golf club aboard instead of a spade, or was it the second guy to claim he got up there, who did a golf swing.

Actually, if there had been a married white woman among the moon explorers, she would have sneaked a spade aboard. Sorry, lame joke!

What happens if the rockets burst a hole in the shallow crust, creates a terrible earthquake, and the moon light is damaged and won't shine the reflection of the sun to Earth any more? We would not have Full moons, new moons or first and last quarters, and the tides might stop working properly. The fishing industry would be in chaos, and millions of people would starve to death from shortage of food.

The money spent on the moon bomb blast would have been enough to stop all the redundancies in the American car industry.

While I agree the use of missiles on the moon wasn't the smartest idea the money used to revitalize the car industry wouldn't do much good. It will still have the same fundamental flaw. Profit is not a motive of the new government and union owners. Unions demanding higher and higher benefits and getting them while trying to be cost competitive was what got many of these companies in trouble in the first place. Foreign auto companies that are not unions with factories in the united states give decent health care and benefits (admittedly because of labor movements in the past) and have wages comparable to those of the union labor (sometimes more) but the autoworkers union get massive health care costs on the companies that are roughly the equivalent of 100$ an hour compared to like 75$ for the foreign companies. The money could be better spent paying our debts so were not owing trillions to communists, kings and dictators but space is not a complete sink hole. One thing Kennedy did right with the space program was set a goal that people rich and poor could get behind. The problem with modern arguments was the "war on poverty" is more of a "war on success". If you have a job that gives you great benefits you have to pay for everyone who doesn't because your the parasite off the poor even though the middle labor provides the resources we all need. Charity is not bad but too many of the leftists want to redistribute income regardless of the effect on the wealthy even when the "trickle down" is crap instead of gold. The more we try and take from the top the more the items cost to produce so the more they give at the bottom the less it is actually worth.
When you see rockets actually go to space, you have entire industries mobilizing to see that happen. You see space ice cream you see space pens. People want in not just to get paid but to see there accomplishment realized. The janitor that cleans the place to the scientist who develops the rocket to the workers who build the thing to the astronaut. Yes blowing holes in the moon was not smart but the mars mission with the right promotion and right plan (D or R) would be far more affective than more bailouts. Competition is encouraged, goals are reached and we can work as a unit instead of the donkeys and the elephants playing class and party warfare.
A true plan that has a foreseeable goal can do what we need.
First: renewable fuels, we'll need for the craft together there and back cheaply
second: more high paying jobs, the companies that produce space equipment will need more staff and that will free up more jobs that might not be as qualified though qualified workers are in short supply also.

It won't fix health care, we are planning the trip anyway but its anecdotal, its often over looked. If he wanted to make a real change for the better we need real goals foreseeable goals. Health care for everyone they want to tax people 40% if the plan is too good that divides not unites, they want cap and trade which will be good for GE but suck for literally everyone else who doesn't sell carbon credits from food producers to common citizens when much of the claims to justify punishing energy users is largely exaggerated. I could go on, but the fact is we need a united goal that may demand sacrifices but with a foreseeable end. That's why WW2 and the moon landing did just that a goal that united and truly brought us together instead of finger pointing and name calling at everyone who doesn't give every nickle they make to the poor or people who may have fallen on hard times and need assistance. I don't think it'll happen, Obama's too busy blaiming Fox news because his policies havn't worked out as promised.

I was told he watched a college football game and won the Heisman trophy too.

I'm amazed so many of you have a problem with someone trying to make peace. Sure there are problems in the world now and will be after Obama is long gone, but I really didnt hear any of you making any suggestions as to who should have won it. Haters find a reason to hate. Have fun.

biggywiggy said:
I'm amazed so many of you have a problem with someone trying to make peace. Sure there are problems in the world now and will be after Obama is long gone, but I really didnt hear any of you making any suggestions as to who should have won it. Haters find a reason to hate. Have fun.
There is a big difference between hate and with something that you dont agree with.

The Nobel Peace Prize is a joke, just like the prize for literature. They are both political correctness prizes. Regardless of whether any particular individuals are deserving of such an honor (Harold Pinter for example), the prizes are meaningless.

Asianluvr said:
Yeah...Look at all the other who have won this award in the past.

Its become a joke. The top clown award!

I agree

Zagg said:
The Nobel Peace Prize is a joke, just like the prize for literature. They are both political correctness prizes. Regardless of whether any particular individuals are deserving of such an honor (Harold Pinter for example), the prizes are meaningless.
This award lost all credibility when it was given to one of the greatest mass murderers/serial killers who ever lived. Henry Kissinger. What a joke. This is award is given to the tools who are owned by the New World Order crowd and further their agenda.
Obama's real job is to continue the destruction of the United States. He is doing a superb job of that, the Nobel prize is his reward for staying the path and an attempt to continue to dupe the world into thinking he is a decent man.
:pee:

come on yo think a liitle bomb is going to hurt the moon ? i guess youve never seen a pic of it theres crates on it bigger than some of our states give me a break

nikki21 said:
come on yo think a liitle bomb is going to hurt the moon ? i guess youve never seen a pic of it theres crates on it bigger than some of our states give me a break

It is good to see lots of different viewpoints, and I guess I did say things tongue-in-cheek, but remember China and America are the only two countries in the world that REFUSE TO ADOPT A CONCRETE ENVIRONMENTAL POLUTION REDUCTION PROGRAM. So why shoot bombs into the surface of the moon and continue pollution up there - kind of arogant contempt like a dog peeing on the ground to mark his ownership of the territory.

Can anyone tell me why America hasn't put a space station on the Moon, instead of Russians/America space joint venture stations 50 miles above the earth? Hasn't technology advanced since 1969?

America is the major culprit of global warming, because China says it is not going to do anything about it until America does, because measures required are not cheap.

biggywiggy said:

Okay.... How about Bono? You know, from U2? Don't laugh. Bono has done much, much more in the way of humanitarian efforts than Obama has ever thought about doing. He is the rare celebrity that talks the talk AND walks the walk.

Just scroll down the page until you come to the "humanitarian" section.

Bono - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All humans are meant to do random Acts of Kindness on Earth - that is why we are here.

This comes from 'At Peace in the Light' by Dannion Brinkley, the man who died twice from receiving 180,000 volts of lightning (affectionately called the telephone call from Heaven).

95% of the 117 predictions written down by Brinkley, after spending 28 minutes in Heaven with Angels, have come true already. Scientists are monitoring the list, and ticking off as each one pans out.

The color of your skin is one of the tests of whether humans can align their values and beliefs up with "children of every color on Earth belong to God".

All children are special, God does not waste his time making junk.

Racists can't get into Heaven until they get down on their knees and beg God to forgive them. And if God does not believe they are ready to make amends and adopt a reparation mindset, their ass will be kicked out the door until such time as they have a major change of mind or their pride makes them hop on the bus to the place without air conditioning "down under".