Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize...Huh??

• Thread startergears
  • Start date

gears

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
May 8, 2009
I seriously doubt anyone saw this one coming. Dude has been president for less than a year. Hasn't passed nary a bill. Hasn't fulfilled even one of his campaign promises. Iran is closer than ever to making a nuclear weapon. The Taliban is stronger than it has been in 7 years.

Now, I know the Nobel committee doesn't give a rat's ass about whether or not he can run America, or run it into the ground. But, you'd think that he would have had to have done SOMETHING to warrant this award.

It does seem a strange decision and I cannot understand why a politician should receive such an award! It appears a bit tokenistic to say the least!

Needless pandering.

While it seems far too soon, if you have been reading my posts, you will have noticed that I have been praising Barack Obama for his diplomatic skills of uniting world leaders together.

I have mentioned in several posts that Barack is held in very high regard overseas. Even Iran were impressed by him, but recently Barack has been turning up the heat quite boldly to warn Iran that they have stepped over the line. In many ways, he is tougher than George Bush, and just warming to the job.

(and he is better looking and more truthful than George who often beat about the bush). It truely was a mistake to have two Presidents from the same family...that is not progress; and world leaders did not like, "if you are not with us, you are agin us"............the sort of rubbish that makes enemies out of decent people.

Many Americans have never been overseas, so only see what journalists wish them to see on television. Television only shows stories that bring money in.

There have been many journalists caught out stretching the truth - shooting film in one country and claiming it was shot in another country.

We also have the foreign television front man caught this week for arranging 5 murders to create sensational stories.

Iran so impressed that they continue their nuclear program and missile testing eh?

Obama aint done shit. No way does he deserve this.

Yes, I'm a black man dissing another black man. Who would have thought it was possible?

Uniting world leaders is critical to smashing the world recession that started in America. There are several countries that are already out of recession, but still quite fragile to slip back in, if all countries don't work closely together.

China and America are the only two countries that can't afford to stop their environmental pollution. Unless they do, the world will warmup two degrees celsius and the ice cap will melt and flood the world.

Now America is exploding bombs on the moon to see if there is any water up there - more environmental pollution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we are not even living up there yet.

If Neil Armstrong actually did get on the moon, he could have dug a hole and looked for water instead of exploding bombs 40 years later.

It is easy to see why many think Neil Armstrong filmed the moon landing in the desert, then flew up into the sky on the day he was meant to come down.

WHY DID NEIL NOT DIG A HOLE ???????????? He sneaked a golf club aboard instead of a spade, or was it the second guy to claim he got up there, who did a golf swing.

Remember, Barack did not ask to be given the Prize. He was considered more deserving than the other four. The judges had to pick one of them. Who are we to say they are wrong.

Wtf

Yeah...Look at all the other who have won this award in the past.

Its become a joke. The top clown award!

Josetta said:
Uniting world leaders is critical to smashing the world recession that started in America. There are several countries that are already out of recession, but still quite fragile to slip back in, if all countries don't work closely together.

China and America are the only two countries that can't afford to stop their environmental pollution. Unless they do, the world will warmup two degrees celsius and the ice cap will melt and flood the world.

Now America is exploding bombs on the moon to see if there is any water up there - more environmental pollution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we are not even living up there yet.

If Neil Armstrong actually did get on the moon, he could have dug a hole and looked for water instead of exploding bombs 40 years later.

It is easy to see why many think Neil Armstrong filmed the moon landing in the desert, then flew up into the sky on the day he was meant to come down.

WHY DID NEIL NOT DIG A HOLE ???????????? He sneaked a golf club aboard instead of a spade, or was it the second guy to claim he got up there, who did a golf swing.

Whatever you're smoking....I want some.

becontree2001uk said:
It does seem a strange decision and I cannot understand why a politician should receive such an award! It appears a bit tokenistic to say the least!
I would have to agree with you

he was in office for 120 hours before the nomination date was over what did he do in 120 hours

gears said:
I seriously doubt anyone saw this one coming. Dude has been president for less than a year. Hasn't passed nary a bill. Hasn't fulfilled even one of his campaign promises. Iran is closer than ever to making a nuclear weapon. The Taliban is stronger than it has been in 7 years.

Now, I know the Nobel committee doesn't give a rat's ass about whether or not he can run America, or run it into the ground. But, you'd think that he would have had to have done SOMETHING to warrant this award.

So very true however, you must realize that the Nobel Peace Prize no longer has any validity as intended by Nobel himself. His criteria was that you had to actually accomplish something. This president can not even keep his campaign promises. After all, an organization who would give the prize to Yasir Arrafat and Al Gore has to be a bunch of Tele Tubbies.

Last edited by a moderator:
An obvious suck-up. I'm sure even most Obama supporters are embarrassed by this. And those who think Obama the Anti-Christ have just been given even more ammunition. Incredible, when I heard the news I just waited for the punchline.

My man Mule is more deserving of the nobel (uncapitalized on purpose due to a sudden loss of respect) for the peace he has brought to this site in general and chat in particular. After all we are members from all over the world here.

Josetta, I love ya baby, I think you are good for this site and that you are a good person with a big heart. Anyone attacking you maliciously on this site will find me on your side so please do not take this as an insult but you are kind of my litmus test in that whenever you start to make sense to me or I start to agree with you, I re-think my position to find the flaw. Works every time. Thanks again.

Norm

randy harper said:
he was in office for 120 hours before the nomination date was over what did he do in 120 hours

Nominations had to be in by Sept 8 of 2008. He had not accomplished anything more than being a community organizer and a part time senator.

The Prize has lost any and all credibility

Obama just talk about peace but USA has occupation forces in two invaded countries (Iraq and Afganistan). He´s also allowed Israel to commite war crimes against palestinians. So, I can`t see why he dereves such a prize. On the other hand, this prize is over rated because some "peaceful" war criminals like Kissinger won it too.

pasiva30 said:
Obama just talk about peace but USA has occupation forces in two invaded countries (Iraq and Afganistan). He´s also allowed Israel to commite war crimes against palestinians. So, I can`t see why he dereves such a prize. On the other hand, this prize is over rated because some "peaceful" war criminals like Kissinger won it too.

As did Yasser Arafat.

anyone that thinks neil didnt walk on the moon just ask him and see what happens

Josetta said:

The Apollo landings were all near the lunar equator given the limitations of 1960s rocket technology. The water search is going on near the poles where water is most likely to be located. If you did a little research first, you might not have such a reputation for posting useless, uninformed drivel.

To me, it's a moot point whether or not they find water on the Moon. It's just wasteful spending during a time when the government doesn't need to be wasteful. The whole idea is that, if they do actually find that there is water on the moon, they can separate the hydrogen from the oxygen. The hydrogen would be used as fuel for space vehicles and the oxygen would be used to sustain life for the people stationed there. Translation...more wasteful spending. MUCH more.

Wasteful spending is in the eye of the beholder. By that logic, we should eliminate welfare and unemployment until we have more money for the luxury of coddling people who contribute little to the overall economic health of the country.