• Thread startersexycouple2011
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexycouple2011

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Sep 29, 2008
While Palin seemed at first to be a shot in the arm to an otherwise geriatric McCain campaign, she is seriously beginning to look like a major drag on the McCain ticket.

The latest national polls have Obama ahead by 10 to 14 points. Opinion polls have the main reason as "disapproval of VP choice", with 34% of Independent voters saying that is their primary reason for leaning toward Obama.

She is now also listed as the primary negative association with McCain in Independent voter's minds, outpacing the previous albatross of George W. Bush. You have to work hard to be a worse influence on voter's choices than W.

Incidentally, I loved her delusional statements about the role of the VP today. In a mind-boggling answer to a question about what her job will be as the Vice President, she said she thinks the Veep is in "charge of the United States Senate" and is supposed to "get in there and make changes and mix it up and make policy changes". LOL What constitution is she talking about that supposedly describes the role of the Veep as being "legislative"? The ONLY role of the VP according to the Constitution is that you are there to vote IN CASE OF A TIE. You would think that anyone running at the VP would understand the role of the job she is running for that any kid who has taken a 7th grade Civics class would understand.

This is a serious question because she previously talked to Katie Couric in that now infamous interview in which she used language about the VP role as potentially being "legislative". This is the 2nd time this has been floated, which is beginning to seem like an argument being made to unlawfully extend the powers of the VP office. This could foreshadow plans this administration wants to instill should they somehow manage to win this election. Most importantly, this language is strangely similar to what Dick Cheney wishes his role to be as the Veep. Cheney has said some strange things on more than one occasion about his office being some hybrid between the Executive and Legislative branches, most notably to avoid potential blame/prosecution about the Scooter Libby/Valerie Plame scandal.

This woman is scary for so many reasons, and it has nothing to do with my political leanings. I believe she is potentially a true threat to national security.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they should have spent more on her wardrobe? After all $150k won't go very far when buying clothes for a VP candidate.

Well, it's very simple actually. If the reasons behind choosing a running mate can all be summed up in sentence it is simply this:

If (God forbid) something happens to the presidential candidate while in office, then into whose good hands is the fate of our country to fall into?

Barack Obama chose Biden, an intellectual, experienced statesman embodying, aside from the intellect, some of the main things that the opposition claimed that he himself lacked.

Mccain chose Sarah Palin perhaps because at the time it seemed like a good idea to try and sway the Hillary supporters.

The problem to me is this. While I can completely understand why Obama might have chosen his candidate. It still doesn't make sense to me how Mccain hand our country into Palin's hands if something (God forbid) did happen to him while in office! Leading me to believe that he is MORE interested in getting into the white house than he is with choosing a decent running mate to replace him! Colin Powell is completely right for calling him out on it as are many others. It's sad that a statesman lake mccain is resorting to flash and glitter over integrity and caution!!!

I think Palin would be much better than biden. I don';t trust him at all. he is just more of the same old crap we have been putting up with for the last 20 yrs or so.

whitesubhubby said:
I think Palin would be much better than biden. I don';t trust him at all. he is just more of the same old crap we have been putting up with for the last 20 yrs or so.

wow, very well thought out i might say!!!:whatever:

Joe Biden will stop Obama doing anything too radical in the short term. It will be a safe pair of hands either way.

If McCain gets in, Sarah will be in a whistling mood and drop hints for John to buy a retirement home by the sea. A woman who can shoot down a Gristly Bear at 200 paces with the first shot, won't want to be a bridesmaid for too long.

Now if sexy Sarah had done a vote rally in the nude, she would have got millions of dollars of free publicity, and everyone would have hung on her every word. LOL.

A great joke

Josetta said:
Joe Biden will stop Obama doing anything too radical in the short term. It will be a safe pair of hands either way.

If McCain gets in, Sarah will be in a whistling mood and drop hints for John to buy a retirement home by the sea. A woman who can shoot down a Gristly Bear at 200 paces with the first shot, won't want to be a bridesmaid for too long.

Now if sexy Sarah had done a vote rally in the nude, she would have got millions of dollars of free publicity, and everyone would have hung on her every word. LOL.

You have a great sense of humor! That's a good one. Biden characterized as safe hands is analogous to charaterizing wolves as great sheep herders. He's certainly intertaining. You never know what kooky idea is coming out of his mouth next.

Your second paragraph is right on. That's exactly what people see on her: a barracuda who has not been corrupted by Washington and won't kiss the rear ends of extreme left wing media assholes who try to create the facts instead of reporting the truth.

And your last paragraph is so true too. If she were on the left, she could have turned herself into a ***** for votes like her opponents and the press would have popularized her instead of castigating her.

You are awesome!

..and if Obammy wins, we will have elected a militant terrorist as President with a VEEP that is a complete nutcase and liar!! Sounds like the backbone of th Democrat Party to me!! LOL

Ric

JMNBABE@comcast.net said:
..and if Obammy wins, we will have elected a militant terrorist as President with a VEEP that is a complete nutcase and liar!! Sounds like the backbone of th Democrat Party to me!! LOL

Ric

Hey nut job! Your talking about the wrong election! Those two are leaving office after this election!!

roflmfao

IndyHubby said:
You have a great sense of humor! That's a good one. Biden characterized as safe hands is analogous to charaterizing wolves as great sheep herders. He's certainly intertaining. You never know what kooky idea is coming out of his mouth next.

Your second paragraph is right on. That's exactly what people see on her: a barracuda who has not been corrupted by Washington and won't kiss the rear ends of extreme left wing media assholes who try to create the facts instead of reporting the truth.

And your last paragraph is so true too. If she were on the left, she could have turned herself into a ***** for votes like her opponents and the press would have popularized her instead of castigating her.

You are awesome!

LOL this post is delusional.

Tell me one thing that Joe Biden has said that you would consider "kooky" or "dangerous" and back it up with facts.

On the flip side, I find it hilarious you think that "people" see Palin as a "barracuda". Really? REALLY? WHAT people? Where? Right wing Alaskans, Texans, and South Carolinans don't qualify as everybody. From what I hear around the water cooler, the majority of informed people on both sides of the political aisle saw her as "unqualified", "inept", "petty", "morally bankrupt", "un-informed", a "non-intellectual", "religiously nutty", and "potentially dangerous". None of these are good descriptives of the next U.S. Veep. This is why Republican pundits and politicians fled from her and endorsed Obama in the weeks leading up to the election.

I'd say the "people" spoke up loud and clear tonight based on the results. The final tally has this as a massive landslide for Obama/Biden. If Bush thought he had a "mandate" by "winning" by a couple hundred votes, then this qualifies as a bonafide "carte blanche" for the Obama White House. He is going to win the popular vote by 7-9 million votes. I'd say that's an ass-whipping.

JMNBABE@comcast.net said:

Ric

if OBAMA wins?

LOL...like there was any question.
Maybe you should move to Alaska?

sexycouple2011 said:
LOL this post is delusional.

Tell me one thing that Joe Biden has said that you would consider "kooky" or "dangerous" and back it up with facts.

On the flip side, I find it hilarious you think that "people" see Palin as a "barracuda". Really? REALLY? WHAT people? Where? Right wing Alaskans, Texans, and South Carolinans don't qualify as everybody. From what I hear around the water cooler, the majority of informed people on both sides of the political aisle saw her as "unqualified", "inept", "petty", "morally bankrupt", "un-informed", a "non-intellectual", "religiously nutty", and "potentially dangerous". None of these are good descriptives of the next U.S. Veep. This is why Republican pundits and politicians fled from her and endorsed Obama in the weeks leading up to the election.

I'd say the "people" spoke up loud and clear tonight based on the results. The final tally has this as a massive landslide for Obama/Biden. If Bush thought he had a "mandate" by "winning" by a couple hundred votes, then this qualifies as a bonafide "carte blanche" for the Obama White House. He is going to win the popular vote by 7-9 million votes. I'd say that's an ass-whipping.

Well Said!!!!:clap:

Here, here! Funny, as the polls were opening the Repukes wanted to already claim massive voter fraud, as if 2000 never happened. Where was their concern then when it was clear that people were being denied their civil liberties in West Palm Beach and Ohio back then? Hypocrites...oh well. With a massive popular vote and electoral vote victory, those cries will fall on deaf ears.

finally

May the black men now rule and own the our white women, constantly sex and impregnate them, and allow us inferior white cukold to serve and clean up after them

LoveMILFS said:
Here, here! Funny, as the polls were opening the Repukes wanted to already claim massive voter fraud, as if 2000 never happened. Where was their concern then when it was clear that people were being denied their civil liberties in West Palm Beach and Ohio back then? Hypocrites...oh well. With a massive popular vote and electoral vote victory, those cries will fall on deaf ears.

Electoral vote yes, popular vote no. Unfortuently the country is still very much diveded. An 8% lead in votes is not what anyone would call a lanside. But it doesn't matter he won which is good however the Dems also won the senate and its never a good thing when one party owns all of Washington.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Democrats don't control all of Washington. There is still the third branch of gov't represented by the Supreme Court which is firmly in the hands of the forces of oppression.

BlackBredMom said:
The Democrats don't control all of Washington. There is still the third branch of gov't represented by the Supreme Court which is firmly in the hands of the forces of oppression.

while that is true they still control enough of it. I just can't wait to see peoples reaction when they find out just how left Obama really is. When I went down to the Obama rally here miami (btw there where a ton of white woman willing to give it up to me and my friends) I would say at least 75% of the people there had no idea what Obamas policies where.

blowme23 said:
while that is true they still control enough of it. I just can't wait to see peoples reaction when they find out just how left Obama really is. When I went down to the Obama rally here miami (btw there where a ton of white woman willing to give it up to me and my friends) I would say at least 75% of the people there had no idea what Obamas policies where.

You're going to be surprised just how moderate Obama is.

Agreed. Obama will surprise everyone with very moderate views. He's not dumb enough to think that his long term policies will be able to succeed in just 4 years. He will need to show moderation and control over his own party and "reach across the aisle" in order to keep momentum for a second term. He's a good man, and I truly believe he'll do a great job at a difficult time. I hate to tell you, 75% of repubs couldn't tell you what Palin stood for either...no one had even heard of her 9 weeks ago.

We can debate all day long as to whether Sarah Palin was or wasn't qualified for the job, and I'll not go there. If she's smart, she'll do what every other truly qualified person does: She'll quit politics and let the fools have it. This kind of partisan garbage is why. It's not worth the hassle.

missouri_hubby said:
We can debate all day long as to whether Sarah Palin was or wasn't qualified for the job, and I'll not go there. If she's smart, she'll do what every other truly qualified person does: She'll quit politics and let the fools have it. This kind of partisan garbage is why. It's not worth the hassle.

Sara Palin has had a taste of the good life. The $150,000 wardrobe and the $20,000 wardrobe for him (that was just found out) at the very beginning was what got those eyes a winking.

I predict she will attempt to get Ted Stevens Senate Job if there is any way possible or she will run against the Democrat when up for reelection, and also will now become an advocate for disabled children using her daughter to obtain continued national ******** her.

Since the ******** of her declaring her children for travel reimbursements has come to light as Governor during her run for VP, this will also keep those funds coming in.

Her and Todd have a predicament in that although the Republican controlled Govt of Alaska cleared her on Election Eve (wink/wink) of Ethics violations there is clearly defined prohibitions in Alaska about book and movie deals and such while serving as Governor.

Using her pit bull words as a background, once you give a dog a treat it will hand around as long as it thinks theres more.

The Repubs are sooooo desperate she will be around a long time.

Hell, she even back doored McCain several times saying as much.

As far as not worth the hassle? She has a large family to support and the pregnant one's future husband isn't bringing home anything.

She has the potential to enrich herself with millions if she plays this right.

I believe it was the same company at the center of the additions and renovations to Senator Stevens home who also was involved in building the Palin's home as well????

missouri_hubby said:

Well waddoyou know we agree on something.

still, seems the party has decided to throw Sarah to the dogs. tisk tisk :nono: well, hope she becomes the next Lieberman/Benedict Arnold/Judas figure and abandon the party... and it might happen if they push her hard enough. sorta like going swimming with your beloved senior church pastor and you see tattoos of "$$$$$$$" and "I LITERALLY WORSHIP MONEY" all over his body. and he explains it away saying it's from before his 'born again' days. Just never gonna be the same i tell ya... tisk tisk tisk. Right about now Sarah's prooooobably questioning her faith. :nono: my how the earth just spins her problems away.

Status
Not open for further replies.