• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoSquirts

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
Oct 2, 2007
sexysquirter.com
Any opinions on last night's first debate between McCain and Obama?

Personally I would give McCain the edge in this one. Not by a lot, but I think he demonstrated more foreign affairs knowledge while Obama demonstrated more style than substance.

It also seems to me that neither one is much of a debater. There were several times that their rebuttals were weak and there was just a lot of rehashing of their stump speeches.

Frankly, I was unimpressed by both, yet again, and found the whole thing anticlimactic.

No knockouts on either side, but Obama more than held his own. McCain came across as smirky and very condescending, "Senator Obama just doesn't understand . . ." Obama kept it real and focused on the economy where it should be -- and where McCain looks really weak after his stunt of trying to look like he was saving the bail-out.

Between choosing Palin and trying to postpone the debate McCain looks phony and desperate. "Country first" my ass. If he really cared about the country he'd stop weaving and weaseling and changing every principled position he ever took to get elected. McCain says "country first" and then acts like it's all about John McCain. Yes, Obama lacks foreign policy experience. But look where Bush's so-called experts have gotten us. Oh, and has anybody noticed that of late even Bush's people are agreeing with Obama?

And then there's Palin. . .

Sorry for the rant, but WAKE UP, PEOPLE! Bush has had 8 years to run this country into the ground and create the worst economic mess since the great Depression. We don't need another 4 years of McSAME.

have to ask when push comes to shove will americans vote for blk president?

Sorry to say that I missed it Ro as I work nights. From what I have read so far though the consensus seems to be that as Obama held his own with McCain that he won. That by not losing he won and showed that he belongs on the same stage running for the same job.

McCain was never a good debater and I guess being a great orator doesn't necessarily make Obama a great debater either. Of that I am surprised. Personally, instead of debates I would like to see each state his position on a multitude of concrete issues and state what they would try to accomplish in office. What their priorities would be.

It is always surprising to me how many folks just don't know the differences in the political spectrum and how those differences would affect them. We have a very left of center democrat, Obama, running against a moderate Republican, McCain, and many people don't know what the difference is. Stating their positions on issues instead of a setup to see who is the better debater in a discussion would help.

People need to know what the political parties represent and how it would affect them in their daily lives. In many ways you are voting the party as much as the person.

Norm

stacy-swf said:
have to ask when push comes to shove will americans vote for blk president?

I believe so. For instance, I would have voted for Alan Keyes and I think Many would have voted for Colin Powell.

I am surprised to find myself feeling that McCain won and easily. Obama was totally programmed, and just didn't answer questions. He was terrible on how to save costs. McCain knows the world and I found myself trusting him.

Mccain is just another George Bush waiting to put this country in more debt than it already is. Our troops will never come home from Iraq if yall keep placing these replublicans in the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No real winner in the debate. It seemed that neither one is a great debater or they have not prepared properly to attack the questions. Two more debates to go lets see how they shape up

Looks to me as McCain had the edge. And yes I would vote for Powell hands down. Even Alan Keyes, just don't trust nobama.

Obama is a joke, sorry guys. Empty suit with no accomplishments other than being a "pharmaceutical distributor" in his youth.

The choice is actually pretty simple. A decorated war hero and patriot and elder statesman with a lifetime of service to his country, or a complete newb with radical and marxist ties who wants to raise your taxes.

"oh, only the rich corporations and those making over (insert salary here) will be taxed"

Yes, but a poor man never gave anyone a job. Think about it.

And something else that Obama and his liberal supporters can't get through their skulls:

You aren't running against George Bush!

cinnamon said:
Obama is a joke, sorry guys. Empty suit with no accomplishments other than being a "pharmaceutical distributor" in his youth.

The choice is actually pretty simple. A decorated war hero and patriot and elder statesman with a lifetime of service to his country, or a complete newb with radical and marxist ties who wants to raise your taxes.

"oh, only the rich corporations and those making over (insert salary here) will be taxed"

Yes, but a poor man never gave anyone a job. Think about it.

And something else that Obama and his liberal supporters can't get through their skulls:

You aren't running against George Bush!

Seriously ask yourself this question mate---given McCain's health issues, say the geezer croaks. Would you really want Sarah Palin leading the most powerful government in the world?

As usual, when Obama's qualifications can't be defended, the tactic is to shift attention away from that. See you at the polls.

And yes I would. She's better qualified than Obama, and has experience running a state that generates more than 20% of this nation's energy.

Obama has only run.... for office. And probably from the cops.

There are many more qualified black men than this pro-abortion liberal lightweight.

cinnamon said:
As usual, when Obama's qualifications can't be defended, the tactic is to shift attention away from that. See you at the polls.

And yes I would. She's better qualified than Obama, and has experience running a state that generates more than 20% of this nation's energy.

Obama has only run.... for office. And probably from the cops.

There are many more qualified black men than this pro-abortion liberal lightweight.

I felt the debate was actually a tie, which gave it to Obama, as this was supposed to be McCains' strongest debate (defense).

Let's fact it McCain is a self serving opportunist. I will hand it to him as it has worked up till now?

You'd think that he was the only person in the military to ever be a pow, and has used that to his advantage at every chance for about 40 years now.

Some reformer! Can anyone remember the "Keating five"?

Actually not diverting attention at all and for the record, my girlfriends’ and daughter's right to choose is not for Palin or McCain to overturn thank you very much!

I also don't want anyone leading this country any further down the path to annihilation by prescribing 'prayer' as an alternative to homesexuality or someone who just 11 days ago thought the economy was "fundamentally sound"---same guy who didn't even know how many houses he had while middle-class America struggles to hold on to just one. You even posting that you think this man is a good choice to lead ANYTHING makes me question just how asleep this country really is.

Let me let you in a little 'secret' Cinnamon: "God" is no more real than the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Rev. Al Sharpton. The fact that ANY of the candidates even include the words "God Bless You ..." should sicken you. One, because those of us with even marginal intelligence are able to discern that God/religion is a crock---but even moreso because it shows us just how disingenuius our leaders really are.

Pay a little closer attention the ads my fellow American. Here in Florida, it's VERY INTERESTING how the GOP has chosen a campaign that uses so much symbolism. Surely you don't think that's a coincidence. When you have a nation of "Jesus-Zombies", you use what you know to work---symbolism underscored with an almost evangelic music bed. In contrast, Obama's ads actually invite you to READ his plans---what a concept! Don't vote for me because I'm a MAVERICK (google Jesus and Maverick, and explain to me what you think is really going on) but rather because of my IDEAS and VISION.

McCain is a joke---how many times did he try to insult Obama in saying that he "didn't understand". McCain, a US Naval Academy graduate, telling a Harvard alum that he can't understand something---yeah right!!! Didn't McCain finish almost dead last in the graduating classs? Now he's a scholar?

And what's up with the racial slant? Saying that Obama has probably run from the cops??? That’s so stereotypical. It is 2009 my fellow American. We no longer need to subscribe to the BS our parents and the religious right have sold us. Let that BS go and let's move forward with returning America to the great republic she once was.

-HIM

Not Running Against Bush

HIM said:
Seriously ask yourself this question mate---given McCain's health issues, say the geezer croaks. Would you really want Sarah Palin leading the most powerful government in the world?

To add to that question...If ANYONE were running against Bush this time we'd have the first all BLUE Election bcuz u cannot tell me anybody would ever vote for Bush again. The fact that so many idiots gave him a 2nd term to continue destroying America blew my mind 4 yrs ago! If u have a "W" sticker on ur car u should have to forfeit voting this time cuz u just don't get it! No, Im not trying to take anyone's right to vote away-just pointing out that this whole election is about the celebration of getting the most idiotic president we've ever had OUT of the White House. He has made our country & our dollar a joke to the World. So, if u do not understand that McCain is McSame and Palin is an uneducated dimwit that the Reps are trying to cram with a scholar's education as fast as they can and to not much avail, then yeah, u still don't get it. McCain's 1st "presidential" decision was choosing Palin...that was an uninformed move at best...trying to play to the woman's vote...we're not so dumb that we will vote for a woman JUST bcuz she's a woman! Then broadcasting his feeble attempt to stave off debating Obama was public and political ineptitude...shut up until there's a decision and then be firm and back ur decision. That is not how I wish my President to handle decisions in the future! As far as his military background, I appreciate all service by our men & women in the armed forces. McCain has said he did it bcuz his dad expected it of him, not by choice. At his return he got out. I know plenty of people who have or are serving and they are smarter and much more dedicated. On the other hand Obama was not the bottom of his class-he ONLY made head of the Harvard Law Review. Upon choosing a career he turned down the salaries of Wall Street firms and went to serve people who needed a voice. He CHOSE to serve; McCain chose NOT to serve and NOT to stay with a sick wife who had not abandoned him but to seek a big business salary and a trophy wife. That shows me more about their real drive than empty debate words.

Last edited by a moderator:
RoSquirts said:
Any opinions on last night's first debate between McCain and Obama?

Personally I would give McCain the edge in this one. Not by a lot, but I think he demonstrated more foreign affairs knowledge while Obama demonstrated more style than substance.

It also seems to me that neither one is much of a debater. There were several times that their rebuttals were weak and there was just a lot of rehashing of their stump speeches.

Frankly, I was unimpressed by both, yet again, and found the whole thing anticlimactic.

McCain won. Polls not only on Fox but on liberal CNN confirm this. Even CBS has to concede it was at least a tie which must have killed them. McCain is more substance whereas Obama is all about style...

I watched most of it. I had to turn it off a time or two because mccain, in my opinion, used the debate as a platform to attack Obama. Also I thought that General Pa....(can't remember and don't know how to spell his last name) was up mccain's ass telling him what to say. It's great that mccain knows people around the world but that's not doing anything for our country. I wish republican's would stop playing world police and worry about the affairs we have in the borders of our country.

I haven't quite put my finger on it but there is something about mccain that I don't trust. I have approached the election with an open mind but there is no way in hell I'm voting for another fiscal conservative. Look back over the past 20 or so years; Reagan-$200 billion deficit, Bush, Sr.-$300 billion deficit and now Bush, Jr-a whopping $482 billion deficit. I think you know where I'm going with this. When Bill Clinton left office there was a $200 billion dollar surplus!!

I also agree that the United States needs to be in tune with world affairs but we need to clean up our own backyard first and that should begin with our now non existent economy.

But putting mccain aside for a moment. At the beginning of the year, or during the primaries, I can't recall I remember mccain saying plainly that Obama wasn't experienced enough to be president. Then what does he do? Asks palin to be his running mate! This is a clear attempt to lure some Hillary supporters on his side. I won't address her issues but she is a work of art! Scandal after scandal in Alaska and I have a feeling we haven't heard a quarter of it. If mccain dies in office (I don't wish it on him, but it is a possibility) would you want this woman to be our Commander in Chief. I don't.

Back to mccain. Until last night I didn't know where he stood on any issues and I'm still not clear on where he stands on most. Everything that I have heard until last night has been an attack on Obama and there were more attacks last night. If you are trying to win the office of President tell us what you are going to do, not what your opponent has done. It seems like he's just trying to beat Obama below his level so he looks like the better candidate.

I apologize for the lengthy post but I that has been building up for weeks and I finally have some of it off my chest. I don't care who you vote for, just vote!

McCain Palin will probably kill more people

I thought they both were pretty good (compared to George Bush anyway)
I like Obama and McCain is my favorite republican.

but when it comes down to it for me (I am morally and spiritually against any unneccessary killing by my country), Obama will probably kill a lot less people than McCain. By Voting for the Iraq war McCain already has a lot more blood on his hands (which stains all of us by the way)

Now lets say you are on the fence about these two guys (a pretty reasonable place to be) but when you FACTOR IN SARAH PALIN ITS OVER

THIS LADY COMES FROM A CHURCH THAT BELIEVES THE END TIMES (THE RAPTURE) ARE COMEING SOON!!!!! SARAH PALIN IS NOT SOMEONE WE CAN TRUST RUNNING OUR MILITARY AND HAVING HER FINGER ON THE BUTTON.

We obviously do not know for certain but there are decent odds that:

THIS LADY BELIEVES IN THE INEVITABILITY OF A HOLY WAR!!!!

The fact that McCain picked this likley wack job shows that he has:

BAD JUDGMENT!!!

And if he dies:

WE COULD SEE THE HOLY WAR!

I know it might sound crazy to some of you but if you research it, this is all real.

DO NOT LET SARAH PALIN GET THIS CLOSE TO CONTROLLNG THINGS
unless of course you are one of the lucky oness who get RAPTURED along with her. Or you just want to fight in more wars because they help fulfill their prophecy. Me I am not going out that way (if I can help it).

I am fairly ok with McCain as Pres (at least he would be 110X better than Bush/Cheney who are both obviously going to hell regardless of any church attendence) but If McCain wins and then dies, I am going to buy a house in a foreign country, a long way away from the United States (and Israel of course)

I Dont want to move!!!! Please Vote for Obama

Also, Does if really matter how much money you have if we are all likely going to hell because we advocated unnessary killing of innocent women and children!

Lets show the world that we care by voting in the candidate who is most likley going to kill less people.

Dont we alreay have enough BLOOD ON OUR HANDS!

Vote Obama!!!!

And if McCain wins, we must all pray daily for him to have a long healthy life:)

HIM said:

Concerning the vice Pres. nominees, who was it that said "The choice is between voting for McCain and hoping he doesn't croak or voting for Obama and hoping he does. Personally I like Sarah but I do not believe I would like her nominations for the Supreme Court.

And allow me to now thank Ro for starting this great thread. Nice to come on the site and have something to think about on occasion. I hope it brings in folks who don't post much otherwise.

Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.