Help keep this site alive with your VIP membership and unlock exciting site features available only to our supporting members!
VIP
$14.95
Buy Now!
MVP
$24.95
Buy Now!
Superstar
$34.95
Buy Now!
UPGRADE to get lifetime access to dig420's video section, the Meet Up! forums, AD FREE surfing and much, much more!

Small Island

• Thread starterJenniferB
  • Start date

JenniferB

New around here...
Beloved Member
Oct 26, 2005
Has anyone seen the BBC (that's British Broadcasting Company!!!) production of "Small Island"? It includes lots of interracial love and a white woman giving birth to a black baby. It is also nicely done and well acted.

Hey Dmad...Are you talking about the same BBC production of "Small Island" also... I got confused when you mentioned Masterpiece Theater...or is it the same.. Also, since I'm in the US, is it possible for me to find it here somewhere? Sounds like something I'd really be interested in watching..

dmad said:
Just as a follow-up, I did a little reading, and it seems that the interracial theme between the white woman "Queenie" (played by the very pale-skinned Ruth Wilson) and the Jamaican "Michael" is a major theme.

Also, when Wilson's character has a black baby, it is the result of her cheating on her racist husband, so this definitely seems like it has a lot of interesting themes...

Just to let you know, the DVD is available on Netflix. J

Users who are viewing this thread