• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
They played...

Very well tonight...congradulations.

Its almost a given that the Cowboys will only play Romo for a while. (What you think,1 quarter?). Im sure the starters on defense will play much longer. I believe the Redskins are playing better than Dallas right now and I think the playoffs are more interesting with the Redskins participating,but it would'nt bother me if the Cowboys beat them. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well historically backups come in and lead their team to upsets so I'm approaching it with caution (do I dare even mention the name Clint Longley right now???). But, if the Skins do win, the way they are playing and with the adversity they've faced this season I, nor they, will be daunted by playoff road games.

Clint Longley

# 19...I think.

Thanksgiving 1974...50 (?) yd pass to # 88 Drew Pearson.

Yep, #19. Staubach gets hurt and goes out and what seems like a sure 23-10 win for Washington winds up a 24-23 Dallas Thanksgiving day miracle!

Win & In

Hate to repost this but I want it on the most current page for Mulie & Salt & Peppa........

I said before the season started that my Redskins would make the playoffs. Now I'm one week and 60 minutes away from being right on the money! And how fitting is it that it comes down to Cowboys verses Indians; Washington against Dallas? And with Dallas likely resting starters and T.O. definitely out, the Skins chances are more than decent. But hell, I'd almost rather have Dallas at full strength as I don't want the Skins thinking because the game is at home and Dallas isn't playing for anything that they're guaranteed a win. Given who our coach is I doubt very much that will happen. Even if the Skins lose they still won't be eliminated necessarily. If Minnesota loses (@ Denver) and New Orleans loses (@ Chicago) the Skins will still get in.

Wow.....I can't say enough about my Redskins. I can't believe they are in a position to control their own destiny and get into the playoffs given what they've gone through this season. It's a testament to their coach that they are in this position. So for everyone who said Joe Gibbs could no longer coach and that the game had passed him by you were clearly out of your friggin' minds! Few, if any coaches in the NFL, could have held a team together and have them on the brink of the playoffs when:

*it loses three starting ol for the year in just the third week
*it loses a starting cornerback for the year just 6 games into the season
*it faces four must win games with a quarterback who hadn't started a game in TEN years!!
*overcomes the murder of a teammate (and their best defensive player)
*wins 4 games in a row against the caliber of Chicago, New York, Minnesota and Dallas
*starts an undrafted rookie free-agent at offensive tackle who shuts out Michael Strahan from getting a sack
*they face elimination against a team with everything to gain and can clinch a playoff spot on their own field and dominate them the way the Redskins did

So not only has Gibbs not lost it but he even deserves some mention as a coach of the year candidate!

And tonight that defense, on the road, played lights out! They were the kryptonite for Minnesota's rookie superman (Peterson; 10 carries for 25 yards) and completely shut him and Chester Taylor down!

Todd Collins played brilliantly and the team is peaking at the perfect time. The Skins are playing great football these last three weeks and, if they continue it for one more, they'll be going into the playoffs with a ton of momentum!!

And while the Skins are not in quite yet, they stand on the verge, the precipice, the cusp of their 2nd playoff appearance in 4 seasons under Gibbs after having only one in the twelve years prior to his return!

This season, my friends, exemplifies, personifies and embodies exactly and precisely while Joe Gibbs is in the national football league's hall of fame!

Hail to the Redskins
hail to victory
Hail to the Redskins
and hail to old DC!

Can't wait to see that Redskin avatar next Sunday night, Mulie!!
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• Greatness.jpg
    Greatness.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Greatness3.jpg
    Greatness3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 36
  • Greatness2.jpg
    Greatness2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 34
cowboys will win

Ironic that the team in the NFC East playing some of the best ball right now is Philly and they won't be in the playoffs.

Anyway, NFC East certainly has become an interesting division these last few weeks. Next year this could be the most contested division with every team having the capability to beat every other team at any time. I would love to see three teams from the NFC East make the playoffs every year. Can't get enough of those Dallas vs Giants or Skins games. Might as well watch three a year.

I will be very pissed if Wade plays any regular starters for more than one quarter. I wouldn't be disappointed if no regular starters played at all. Let them rest for three weeks.

Momentum is a huge intangible and Wash has it right now.

It's because they "have their angel in place now" according to Portis (reffering to Taylor) in a post game interview last night. That kind of emotion is hard to quell and this could be a team destined to reach a super bowl. If they get in, which I have to believe they will, I don't fear one team in the playoffs. The Skins can definitely hang with any of them!

Won't Mulie's profile look so much better with a Skin's emblem as the avatar? :D

pimp im happy for you and youre personal love fest here. now i have an idea of how excited you must be at one of youre gangbangs. scoreboard is scoreboard and they are almost there..GB losing..well the stars are aligned for them to beat Dallas..not that they couldnt anyway at full strength..not like Dallas or any team (including Pats)is unbeatable. beating the Giants..well despite there nice record, they havent beaten many winning teams all year, and cant win at home..go figure? the Bears...they pretty much suck this year, the Vikings one dimensional offense with rookie QB (if you hadnt noticed AP hasnt done anything in last 3 games) ..still this is NFL and all impressive wins nevertheless. even if they get in do you seriously consider them a championship contender? well im sure you do since you seei only redskin red/gold..but that is what being a fanatic is all about. I still sometimes dream that lightening will strike and Peyton and Eli will switch bodies... Ur Skins, if u get in, will be serious underdogs on the road to a very hot and peaking Seahawks team, who btw does have a very legit QB, hall of fame coach, and playoff experience. so enjoy it while it lasts.

The Seahawks are peaking? Are you serious? Losing to Carolina 13-10 the week before last in one of the most inept offensive performances of the year? The Seahawks boast a very good defense but a one dimensional offense. Alexander is far past his prime and a shell of his former self. Their receivers are average at best. Washington, as I mentioned before, will not be daunted by any road games given what they've already faced in terms of adversity this year. There's not a team in the field the Redskins cannot play with or defeat. I'm not saying they'll win the Super Bowl but they could concievably get there.

Norm the Cowboys or gonna have to regroup and play better ball like early in the season to go very far in the Playoffs. Damn Simpson woman anyway and thanks for the gift for Xmas but normaly gifts are wrapped and not used. Muleman

muleman said:
Norm the Cowboys or gonna have to regroup and play better ball like early in the season to go very far in the Playoffs. Damn Simpson woman anyway and thanks for the gift for Xmas but normaly gifts are wrapped and not used. Muleman

Hey Mule, I swear she wasn't recycled. I just tongued her a little thats all. Ya gotta expect that from a Frenchman like me.

Defenses adjust over the course of the season. None of the kick ass teams are as overpowering now. One team that can come to Foxboro and win is Indy. It will be tough for Dallas to beat GB twice. Anything can happen in the playoffs and usually does. Remember Seattle last year. Just wasn't meant to be for the "Boys."

Norm

no team plays 16 perfect games. romo thumb was hurt and couldnt throw he had a horrible game. Philly/divisional game always tough and close and philly still trying to make playoffs at the time...give the guy some slack he has been awesome this year...def in top 4 MVP. dont forget this is only his 2nd year as starter. damn im giving love to the Boys.

yea pimp seattle stumbled on road but they have been hot over there past 6 games. they are more of a passing team now than running, hardly 1 dimensional. sure anybody can win any game...injuries, turnovers, bad weather..anything can happen to anybody..thats why play the games.. Personally i think either Jacksonville or Indy will upset the Pats in the playoffs..if they go undefeated in reg seasons which will just put so much more pressure on them..sh*t happens. who thought Pitt would beat WVU? nobody not even Pitt fans.

All I know is I don't fear Seattle or anyone else in the NFC. Dallas, in the 2nd round, would be the toughest hurdle given it'd be in Texas stadium but even they don't "put the fear of God" in me. In the AFC on the other hand unless New England lays an egg, which I don't foresee, they won't have much of a problem. They are just too good and plus playing in Foxboro makes it nearly impossible for a team to upset them. Indy has a shot but not a good one.

Skins neednt yet worry bout fearing Seattle or anyone yet, they need to make Playoffs first! going to see jo pa on sat pimp. word has it..should PSU win, they will douse him with Grecian Formula rather than Gatorade to celebrate his 500th game. he has been letting some gray show lately. he is clearly slipping on the details in his elder years.

Yes, Skins needn't be looking ahead. I don't think they will be but the game against Dallas still scares me. Every element is in place for an upset (it being an upset that Dallas should win without motivational reasons, an injured TO and resting starters). I'd rather have them at full strength believe it or not.

Joe Pa said last week he wanted to coach a minimum of two more years and maybe even five more. That would make him 86. By then he'll need new bifocals and a house full of grecian formula. But I bet he'd still be winning games! ;)

i hope he stays 10 and Schiano stays at Rutgers. God bless him, he has run a great clean program with few negatives...Bowden cant say that down in Pensathugcola!

No, he can't. Not now. There was a time though where his program was never one of trouble. Sure changed in recent years. Feel bad for him to be going out like he is.

Users who are viewing this thread