• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

How is I/R sex regarded in your country?

• Thread starterDebbie E
  • Start date

Debbie E

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Jul 16, 2007
UK
The question I'd like to ask is, how acceptable is interracial sex & interracial relationships in your country?

I was promted to ponder this a while ago in reaction to reading a comment on here by an American poster that I/R relationships were more acceptable in the UK (where I live) than in the US.

I have to say, I'm not convinced. If I'm not mistaken, black male / white female I/R relationships are the fastest growing type of relationship in the UK, but I'd say there's a very long way to go before this kind of thing becomes acceptable by the mainstream.

Over here, you do see more white girls / women with black men, but the women tend to be what we would call "chavs" and what I think the Americans would call "White Trash" - an almost sub working class type of person who will invariably be poorly (if at all) educated, ill mannered, slobby & virtually unemployable.

Even at chav / White Trash level, often these relationships don't work out and before long the man leaves his "chavette" on her own to bring up two mixed race children on social security payments alone.

Interracial sex & relationships still aren't accepted by the middle classes and it's not unfair to say many middle England parents would (secretly) consider their daughter a faliure if she announced she was marrying a black man.

To the Middle Class British woman, a black man is the muscular stripper you hire for an evening's drunken entertainment on a hen night.............or, if you're very lucky, he's the man you grab a few moments or afternoons of forbidden delight with while your husband is away and you're going through one of those phases......but he isn't the man you settle down and start a family with. Why is that?

There are always exceptions, but you'll find those black men who do marry into the middle classes tend to be highly qualified doctors and lawyers.

So that's the situation in the UK.......how is I/R sex regarded in your country?

I'm imagining the situation in the States isn't much different, but I'd be very interested in learning about how I/R is regarded in Europe, South America, Africa and other parts of the World.

Love all,

Debbie

Id venture to say that it is the same all over the world. I have traveled to UK and throughout Europe, and alot of it depends on racial populations. ie..where there are blacks, you will find it more prevalent, where there arent more taboo. and i think you are sorely mistaken thinking it is only 'white trash' sorts into it, here and there. .

Pooch said:
Id venture to say that it is the same all over the world. I have traveled to UK and throughout Europe, and alot of it depends on racial populations. ie..where there are blacks, you will find it more prevalent, where there arent more taboo. and i think you are sorely mistaken thinking it is only 'white trash' sorts into it, here and there. .

Pooch, I am not saying a middle class woman (like myself) wouldn't have a discreet encounter with a black man if she knew she could get away with it (as I did) but when it comes to actual relationships - as in dating, and settling down to start a family - in the UK that kind of I/R relationship is far more widespread amongst "Chavs / White Trash" (call them what you want to) than it is amongst the middle classes. In fact it is still very much a taboo amongst the middle classes.

In the U.S, it depends on where one lives if IR is "acceptable" or not. I live close to the D.C. area, and IR seems very acceptable in this area. We're talking Asian (with most of the Asian Rim represented), Black (Black American, African, West Indies, Jamacia), Nepalese, Filipino, Caucasian, Latin and Middle East with different genders with different races. Many straight, and many Homosexual. This also means there are many religions represented here (Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hinduism. Name it and it is probably present).

Now, where we used to live (West TN.) it still isn't "acceptable". There is some Black/Caucasian/Latin mixing in the area, but many keep it kind of low-key, and are not very open as they are in this area. When we moved from there 4 years ago, there were very few other Ethnic groups there other than Black American, Caucasion and Latino.

If I were a minority, or wanted to date or marry cross culturally, I'd head to New York City. This is a truly multi-ethnic town, where the color line does not seem to be very important. I'm sure that race does make an economic difference, with the best jobs going to whites and a few tokens with Ivy degrees, but at a cultural level, race doesn't seem that important. At least in Manhatan. You could probably get hated in white neighborhoods in Queens, for example.

i think it's regional here. our country is very much a mix of rural and urban areas and rural areas are different among themselves (e.g. farming, logging, mining).

I know toronto is the most multicultural city in Canada and interracial relationships are very normal. smaller rural communities are more tight knit and i think old prejudices permeate in them, so interracial relationships might be more taboo there. but then again, most rural people are some of the nicest you can meet and i think all it would take is one interracial couple in their midst to dispel any misconceptions they might have. i like to think so anyways.

In the country i leave (South-africa ) , IR is sex (No love , no string attached) based . We only meet as fuck buddies and get to climaxxx out of the taboo and the physical contrast (black/white) . 11 years ago , IR was a crime (you get arrested for gettinbg involved with people of different race) , Thanks to Nelson mandela .... In conclusion , things are slowly and surely changing in South-africa , But you find more IR in the gay community then straight.

dutchman you obviously never been to NYC for more than a short visit. Racism is just as prevalent in the North as the South in the US, just in south people are far more open about it. but where there are mulit cultural areas, you find mixed races and more interacial relations (all races not just black/white), but it still is taboo in the big sense of society, as far as economic differences, i havent yet done that research, I leave that to Mckinsie

i believe some very valid points and observation were made especially as to the demographics involved......
but it is my opinion that racism is still very much alive and well only now its in a more subtle version than before, an upgraded version if you will.
in other words like in the past where you were basically regarded as "a inferior and probably animals" and treated like for lack of a better term "shit" now you are accepted as part of the society whereever you are,however we will talk with you, hang out with you but thats as far as it goes because at the end of the day they still see a black man.....
i sadly i dont think we will ever get past that "color" barrier.

unfortunately, very similar here. also depends on where you are in US
i am sure depends on what town u r in in UK or what City you are near in UK.
It is rare that you have a white technician husband and white teacher wife in the situations described in many of the posts or stories here. We are in UPstate NY (US)
luv, MsGary

Users who are viewing this thread